Testamentary provision or legacy represents a way of planning the administration of your estate for the future. As basic requirement we ask you to fill-in the form
of general information for testament which must come attached with a valid legal ID (in the case of foreigner we will ask for the Passport and form of legal stay in this country). In this form you must appoint the following personalities:
THE TESTATOR.- May furthermore, in his Testament, recognize a child he has but who was not registered by him in the Civil Registry.
- MARRIAGE.- At the time the testator provides his personal information, the Marriage mentioned must be the civil one, for the Religious one has no juridical relevance. Important is that the testator knows whether he is married under a marital partnership regime or separate estates.
- TESTAMENTARY TRUST.- The Testator may also provide that those assets he would have at the time of his death not be given directly to his heirs, but affected into the administration of a Credit Institution, which shall undertake the task of watching over the interests of the heirs and make sure that they continue having the quality of life they had during the testator’s life, providing them whatever necessary to live strictly abiding by the instructions left by the testator or those given by the Executor, if the Testator thus preferred, being able after a time, for example when the heirs reach legal age, to turn over to them, in a definitive manner the total of the estate remaining at that time.
This is, in general terms, what is known as TESTAMENTARY TRUST. If the testator would be interested in this possibility, the advice is to approach a Credit Institution in order to obtain information on the conditions with which they operate, before granting your testament.
Special Cases that Require 2 Witnesses:
- When the testator known not how or cannot sign.
- When the testator does not know how or cannot read.
- When the testator is deaf or blind.
- When the testator has no official ID with picture and name (in this case the witnesses must be over 18 years of age).
- When the Notary Officer or the testator request it.